- Contact Lafayette County prior to purchasing your new manufactured home to make sure manufactured homes are permitted on your property.
- If a manufactured home is permitted, you will need to apply for a Lafayette County address. You may obtain an address application online at or from the Lafayette County Development Services Department located on the first floor of the Chancery Building located at 300 North Lamar Blvd in Oxford. You may return your application via email to email@example.com or you may return it to our office.
- After receiving your new address, you will need to apply for a waste water permit from the Mississippi State Department of Health at https://msdh.ms.gov. You may also apply for an electrical service at this time but power will not be connected to the new home until a waste water system has been installed and approved.
- Stake the location of the new home and contact the Lafayette County Development Services Department at 662-236-0237 for a setback inspection.
- Following a satisfactory inspection, install the home. Your manufactured housing installer should assist in meeting the Mississippi State Fire Marshall Requirements for mobile home sites and waste water system installation.
- Upon receipt of final waste water system approval from the Mississippi State Department of Health, Lafayette County will authorize the connection of utilities to the new home.
- Post your address at the road and or on your home with 4” contrasting numbers.
- Enjoy your new home!
Building & Planning Department